Wednesday 14 November 2012

Tour de Hyde Park (A Boris Bike Adventure).



On Saturday, K and I headed to Hyde park to do some exploring. We arrived at one of the main gates after hopping off the tube, to find a well stocked rack of 'Boris Bikes' (actually called Barclays Cycle Hire, but nicknamed after the Mayor of London, Boris Johnson, who implemented the bike program in 2010). Yes, light bulb moment. It was very clear that we would see much more of the park on a bicycle as opposed to K having to walk at my hobble pace with my broken foot. The bikes are fantastic. With the swipe of a credit card, and couple of pounds, you can rent a bike for 24 hours and return it to any location.

As I still have 'street crossing anxiety' on foot, cycling was best kept to the park, though I'm sure I'll venture onto the crazy London streets at some point (with a helmet).

















We went to the Diana memorial but sadly, it was closed. Next time I guess.

Map of the West Side of the park (we covered most of it...I think)










 Don't forget to follow the blog (by putting your email in the space on the right hand margin), as it will update you when there is a new post. Press the Facebook Button below to share it on Facebook.




No comments:

Post a Comment