Monday 12 August 2013

Taco Time: A Summer dinner on the South Bank.



Yesterday 'S' and I spent most of the day cooped up inside working on our various projects. When it came time for dinner, we decided to get out of the house and head on a little adventure to the South Bank.

Wahaca was calling our names. Well actually, Wahaca's grilled corn was calling my name, and I convinced 'S' that it had to be done. It was an absolutely beautiful evening along the river.

This is basically how I feel about their corn...



We each had a delicious margarita, and split the grilled corn (honestly...sooooo good!) and frijoles (black beans). I ordered the chicken tinga (tacos), and 'S' had the chicken taquitos. As we went slightly lighter on the dinner side of things, we had just enough room to split the Churros for dessert. Words cannot describe.





...and I dove into the Churros before I remembered to take a picture. Blogger Fail.


After dinner we strolled the South Bank towards the West (a direction we normally neglect), walking by the London Eye heading towards the Battersea Power Station. We had a lovely view of Big Ben and Westminster framed by wisps of pink clouds.

It was the perfect end to a wonderful London weekend.





I hope you had a great weekend. Please excuse the iphone photos, I wasn't up to carrying the big fellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment