Monday 5 August 2013

Cinque Terre: Riomaggiore



On our second to last day, we took a boat from the harbour in Vernazza to Riomaggiore. Once there, we did some swimming (though the entrance was a little taxing....far from graceful), and then explored the little village.





Heading to the beach.


You really had to hunt for the flattest rocks to place your towel on. Once in the water, although smooth, the rocks were slippery, which is why we had so much difficulty getting in and out.


Sitting close to the water's edge made life a little easier.


As the rocks were flat, stacking them was easy

...rock castles for dummies (I was all over it also).




I could REALLY get used to this life...






More seafood cones...






I'm sure you are sick of all of the Italy posts (though I will never be). 

I'll try to sum up Vernazza in the next few days, and then I'm finished. 

I promise.

...until I go back.



3 comments:

  1. New follower (via bloglovin') - finding new places to travel is a big attraction to me so I'm loving this! It is pictures that make the blog isn't it? I need to work on my photography skills! Anyway - my friend is off travelling round Canada soon for 4 months, we had a Canada party on Saturday for her...there was much dress up! Here's a link to my blog in case you're interested, I'll probably blog about the Canada party on Thursday!

    nicholawithanh.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nichola- Thanks for following! I'll definitely check out the Canada post! Tell your friend she MUST get to Vancouver. She'll love it. I'm heading back home in September, so they'll be more Vancouver posts at that point :)

      Delete
  2. I would like a copy of that photo of the boat with the orange and white life preserver on the blue boat! That's so lovely! Well they are all so lovely actually. And those photos of the sweet little watercolour paintings makes me want to break out my paints and paper. Maybe we should have art nights when you come home. xo

    ReplyDelete