Tuesday 4 December 2012

Grilled Courgette and Mint Salad with Pesto Fusilli.



Last night was my night for dinner as 'S' is at school all day on Mondays.  I was also a bit of a slacker, playing hookie with a friend, and didn't go into the studio, so it was only fair.

I made Rosie's homemade pesto from my favourite blog, The Londoner.  You'll have to check out her page, and search the blog under recipes to find her quick and easy pesto recipe.

It's very straight forward, you just tear all of the leaves off an unsuspecting basil plant, toss them in a blender, along with 50g of pine nuts, 1 Cup of Parmesan, 2 garlic cloves, a pinch of salt, and half a cup of Olive oil. Blend it up. Done.





I made a pesto Fusilli, along with my favourite Grilled Vegetable Salad. It's usually made with Eggplant and Zucchini, but after hobbling down to Waitrose, I discovered they had sold out of Eggplant. A Zucchini salad it would be.


For the full recipe click here. Trust me, this one is worth it! It's even better in the summer months when you can use the BBQ to grill the veggies properly.





*If you're wondering what the white drizzle is (not in the recipe), I had a taste of a grilled aubergine salad at Ottolenghi this weekend, and my friend and I were convinced it was sour cream. I gave it a try on this salad and it worked nicely. Thanks Otto!

No comments:

Post a Comment