Monday 19 November 2012

Back....again.



I know you're sitting there saying, "Been there, done that!", but it was only natural that I take K for a tour of the South Bank. It's one of my favourite weekend activities, especially when it ends with mulled wine from Borough Market.

So if you're bored stiff of the South Bank, my apologies. Click here for one of my favourite bloggers, and maybe she can entertain you better than I can.

Otherwise, have a look....again.



 And of course, I made her have a pie (Just like N made me, and just like I made S....tradition!)




This one's mine. K made me mad as she wouldn't order mash and mushy peas. I told her she had to. She still didn't.
How many shots with a pie can one person have?

K gets to look cute, and I'm wearing my geriatric runners. Awesome.

My 'London Beanie' made by Gingerbread Judy.




We stopped by chance at this little gallery. I'm embarrassed to say I forget the name. The current show was a photography exhibit featuring the lives of female soldiers in Afghanisthan. It was extremely thought provoking, showing images of their daily lives, and routines, that many of us don't even consider. Things like having one shower in a co-ed base, or washing out of basins in front of your male colleagues. There was also an image of pink underwear hanging on a line amidst military gear.


The show had us both in tears.


Left: Underwear on the line  Middle: washing from a basin Right: exiting the one shower


No trip is complete without a visit to the Tate Modern.













Okay, I promise, no more South Bank entries. It wasn't that bad was it?

No comments:

Post a Comment