Monday 23 July 2012

Theatre Under the Stars.

This weekend I was lucky enough to be included in a little girls' night, hosted at a friend's house outside the city. We drove out in the early evening with our overnight bags in tow. When we arrived, our hostess with the mostess had prepared countless appetizers (including an amazing spinach dip, which when I get my hands on the recipe, I most certainly will share with you), a beverage bar, and a snack stand to accompany the backyard theatre that she had created.
After a few hours of catching up and countless laughs, we donned our pjs, grabbed blankets, pillows, sweets (handfuls and handfuls) and flavoured popcorn (see photos- we were spoiled rotten) and headed outside. I'd be lying if I told you the movie went off without at hitch. Have you ever experienced a Power Point presentation when the projector has functioned flawlessly? Me neither. We spent an hour fidgeting with dongles (that sounds dirty I know), power cords, and speakers, desperatley attempting to avoid calling her husband on his cell phone (we ended up calling him three times), and finally got the movie going. Start time you ask? Twelve thirty in the morning. Movie? When Harry Met Sally of course. I'd pleasantly forgotten how jam packed with little life lessons this little gem was. It's similar to watching episodes of Sex and the City, because as long as you've experienced a new relationship, or even new life experiences since the last time you watched the show, it's like watching from an entirely different perspective. Who needs a therapist?
















...and since you couldn't be there, to hear what the neighbours heard, I'll leave you with this (don't say I never do anything for you!).

****WARNING**** 
Do not watch in Public!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment