Tuesday 17 July 2012

SushiSushi.




Yes, I'll admit, I have been eating out quite a lot lately. If I'm being honest, there are a couple of reasons why. Firstly, it's hot, and who feels like turning on a stove when you're sweating bullets? Secondly, as I've given up my place (in preparation for the move overseas), I'm currently residing at Casa Mom and Dad, and haven't been getting my own groceries (I know, boo-hoo right?), so am really feeling quite lost when it comes to producing a meal out of the contents of their refrigerator. And yes, there is a thirdly. Thirdly, would have to be the 'curve ball' mentioned in yesterday's post. Enough Said.

Enter SUSHISUSHI (one word).

In my humble opinion, Sushisushi, makes the BEST take-out sushi in all of Vancouver's West Side. It is a small family run sushi restaurant in Kitsilano (2965 West Broadway). While it doesn't offer much in the way of atmosphere, they delivery is free within 3 km, and they are always speedy if you want to swing by and pick it up. Their rolls are creative, the seafood is always fresh, and their gyoza are to die for. The gyoza (Japanese Dumplings) are the main reason I keep going back for more.....oh, and the mango crunch roll, and the spicy tuna roll (I could go on forever).

Their Famous Mango Crunch Roll: Prawn tempura, with avocado and mango. Delicious!






I couldn't refuse that. Could you?

The Spicy Tuna Roll

Tuna Crunch Roll (and another Mango Crunch roll- that's how much we love them!)

Honestly, don't leave the restaurant without at least one order of the dumplings. I like them because unlike most sushi establishments, they are steamed and not fried, and they don't taste like your average mass produced 'Potsticker'

As I have been (to date) completely truthful with my blogging audience (Mom), I will let you in on a little secret as to why we had gathered at Alli's house for this sushi feast. We were watching the Bachelorette. There I said it. Indulging in the Bachelorette or the Bachelor (doesn't matter), along with Sushisushi, is now a staple in our efforts to minimize that 'Sunday feeling' and take back Mondays.

While this particular reality trash might not do it for some, the rose ceremony has certainly become my guilty pleasure. A little mindless fluff on a Monday night.

Do you have a Sunday or Monday night ritual?

No comments:

Post a Comment